top of page

Recent Posts



Update 1 May

There is a rebate of $1500 available to small businesses in NSW – to be used against local government fees and charges.

Eligibility requirements:

To be eligible for this rebate, small businesses (including non-employing sole traders) and not-for-profit organisations must:

  • have total Australian wages below the NSW Government 2020-2021 payroll tax threshold of $1.2 million

  • have an Australian Business Number (ABN) registered in NSW and/or have business premises physically located and operating in NSW

  • be registered for goods and services tax (GST)

  • provide a declaration that the business has a turnover of at least $75,000 per year.

Note: Only one $1500 rebate is available for each ABN. Not-for-profit organisations are not subject to the GST requirement but must demonstrate a turnover of more than $75,000 per year.


Source and credit:

Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant

If the recent NSW floods and storms have directly impacted your business, you may be eligible for the NSW Government's Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant of up to $50,000.

Who can apply

The grant is available for small businesses or not-for-profit organisations directly impacted by the NSW storms and floods from 10 March 2021 onwards.

What the grant can be used for

It can help pay for costs associated with flood clean up and getting your business back up and running. Eligible expenses include (but are not limited to):

  • clean up

  • leasing temporary premises

  • replacing lost or damaged stock

  • tradespeople

  • hiring equipment

  • safety inspections

How to apply

When you click on ‘Start application’ below you’ll see the eligibility list and the documentation you’ll need to apply.

​​​Source and credit:

Providing a work car to your employees can be a great incentive.

If you provide a car to an employee for their private use, you may need to pay fringe benefits tax (FBT). You make a car available for private use by an employee on any day that the car is either:

  • actually used for private purposes by the employee, or

  • available for the private use of the employee.

A car is considered available for your employee's private use when it is:

  • used to travel to and from work

  • not at your premises and they are allowed to use it for private purposes

  • garaged at their home - regardless of whether they have permission to use it for private purposes.

For FBT purposes, a 'car' includes:

  • a sedan or station wagon

  • any other goods-carrying vehicle with a carrying capacity of less than one tonne, such as a panel van or utility (including four-wheel drive vehicles)

  • any other passenger-carrying vehicle designed to carry fewer than nine passengers.

For more visit the link below.

​​Source and credit:


bottom of page